Here at Sunshine and Rollercoasters we love providing your with healthy and delicious recipes that are quick and easy to prepare. This Keto Chicken Enchilada Soup is a prime example of just that. It’s absolutely delicious and makes your forget that you are on a diet. Cut some low carb tortillas into thin strips and bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes or until crunch to add a crunchy topping to the soup.
Keto Chicken Enchilada Soup
● 1 lb. Shredded chicken fully cooked
● 1 tbsp. Olive oil
● 1 Large bell pepper chopped
● 1 c. Onion chopped
● 2 tsp. Chili powder
● 2 tsp. Garlic powder
● 2 tsp. Cumin
● 1 tsp. Paprika
● 2 c. Chicken bone broth
● 1 c. Low carb salsa
● 1 can Ro-tel
● 2 c. Shredded cheddar cheese
● ½ c. Heavy whipping cream
● Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat up 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
2. Add in the onions and peppers, and saute for 2-3 minutes until they are a crisp tender.
3. Toss in the garlic powder, cumin, chili powder and paprika. Stir the spices into the vegetables, for about 30 seconds until they become fragrant.
4. Whisk in 2 cups of chicken bone broth, stir until well combined.
5. Reduce the heat to medium, and add in 1 cup of low carb salsa.
6. Mix in 1 can of Ro-tel.
7. Stir in 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese, and stir until it is completely melted.
8. Let the soup simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
9. Mix in 1 pound of shredded chicken, and combine well.
10. Add salt and pepper to taste.
11. Simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
12. Stir in ½ cup of heavy whipping cream, and cook for an additional minute or two.
Serve the soup with fresh herbs as garnish.
Don’t forget to check out all of our keto recipes here.