*This post contains affiliate ads for items that will facilitate this craft. All items purchased using my link will result in a small commission for the blog.
These mermaid tail soaps would make a fun craft for you to do with your teen or tween daughters and it makes a great gift for her friends, teachers or anyone she chooses.
Glycerin soap block
Orange therapeutic grade essential oil
Mermaid tail silicone mold
Cosmetic grade pink & purple mica powder
Craft sticks for stirring
Small spray bottle of rubbing alcohol
Clear glass measuring cup
1. Cut about 8 ice cube sized pieces off your glycerin soap block.
2. Place the 8 soap cubes into your glass measuring cup and microwave for 1-2 minutes or until melted.
3. Mix in about 5 drops of your essential oil and 1/8 teaspoon of your mica powder.
4. Using a pot holder, carefully pour your melted soap into the mermaid tail molds and spray the top with your rubbing alcohol (this will prevent air bubbles from forming).
5. Transfer to the freezer for 30 minutes.
6. Carefully stretch the sides of your mold and carefully press up on the bottom to remove your Mermaid tail soaps.
*if you want the soaps to be glittery, you can rub your molds with a little body safe glitter before pouring the liquid soap in the mold.