To put this in perspective, consider that 6,000 Americans die each year from workplace injuries…other studies conducted on hospitalized patient populations have placed much higher estimates on the overall incidence of serious ADRs.
These studies estimate that 6.7% of hospitalized patients have a serious adverse drug reaction with a fatality rate of 0.32% If these estimates are correct, then there are more than 2,216,000 serious ADRs in hospitalized patients, causing over 106,000 deaths annually. If true, then ADRs are the 4th leading cause of death—ahead of pulmonary disease, diabetes, AIDS, pneumonia, accidents, and automobile deaths. Scary, right?!
- Uses two or more prescribed medications
- Has had adverse drug related reactions (ADR)
- Doesn’t feel their medication is working effectively
- Concerned about making a change in medication
- Candidate for Antiplatelet, Anticoagulant, Statin Rx
- ACS-PCI, Warfarin initiation, Simvastatin/ Atorvastatin Rx
- Unstable INR, bleeding, thrombotic event, muscle weakness
- Effient, Brilinta, Pradaxa, Xarelto Rx
- Has a history of heart attack or stent replacement
- Candidate for Opioid Rx
- Opioid ADR, sub-optimal response, high dose requirement
- Side effects to NSAIDs, muscle relaxers, triptans, considering switch to patch
- Abnormal opioid UDT Experiences chronic pain
- Candidate for Psychotropic Rx
- Dx Depression, Treatment Resistant Depression, psychosis Psychotropic ADR or sub optimal response
- More than 1 psychotropic Rx
- Treatment resistant, uncontrolled, hospital admission in past 6 months
- Is depressed or has treatment-resistant depression
To Order: Simply call PanaceaPGX for doctor approval and have test sent out, once you have completed your test with a simple cheek swab you will return the swabs in a prepaid envelope. Once testing is complete, you will get an email to set up a results call to go over all of the findings. While on the call, they will send you your results via a secured server email. You may sign a release if you would like your results sent to your own doctor. Your results will completely break down all of the different drugs that might be prescribed and how your body might metabolize them. This is a sample from a recent report that I had done.