● 1.5 lbs. Bay scallops
● ¼ c. Soft goat cheese
● 3 tbsp. White cooking wine
● ¼ c. Butter (melted)
● 1 tsp. Seasoning salt
● 1 c. Seasoned Panko bread crumbs
● 3 Cloves of garlic minced
● ½ c. Parmesan cheese
● Zest of one lemon
● Pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
2. Place scallops into a 9×13 baking dish.
3. Place the goat cheese into the microwave for 15-20 seconds so that it becomes a melted consistency that is easier to mix with the other ingredients.
4. Add the white wine to the bowl with the melted goat cheese, and whisk them together well.
5. Grate the zest from one lemon into the bowl.
6. Pour 1 teaspoon of seasoning salt into the bowl and stir until combined.
7. Add the goat cheese mixture to the scallops in the baking dish, and toss them to coat them well.
8. In a separate bowl, combine the bread crumbs and the parmesan cheese.
9. Stir in the minced garlic.
10. Pour in the melted butter, and stir the bread crumb mixture well until it forms loose crumbles.
11. Top the scallops in the baking dish with the bread crumb mixture evenly.
2. Bake the scallops uncovered in the oven for 8-10 minutes. If the topping is not as browned as you would like at the end of that time, you can turn the oven to broil for 1-2 minutes. Watch it carefully at this point, so that your topping does not burn.
13. Serve with a fresh baguette, over a bed of rice pilaf, or on its own with fresh veggies.