Keto can get boring if you don’t experiment with recipes, so I put some of my favorite things together to make these Keto Caprese Stuffed Burgers.
● 2 lb. Ground beef
● 1 tbsp. Olive oil
● Salt and pepper to taste
● 1 tsp. Garlic powder
● 1 tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
● 1 c. Mozzarella cheese
● 1 tbsp Sundried tomatoes finely chopped
● 1-2 tbsp. Fresh basil leaves chopped
1. Place the 2 lbs of ground beef into a large mixing bowl.
2. Add in salt and pepper to taste.
3. Sprinkle in 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
4. Pour in 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar, and then mix the meat well using your hands.
5. Form a beef patty in the palm of your hand.
6. Cup your hand slightly and push down into the center to form a sort of bowl in the middle of the patty. Fill the center of the patty with a bit of mozzarella cheese.
7. Top the cheese with some chopped sundried tomato and fresh basil.
8. Place another pinch of mozzarella cheese on top, and then form a second smaller beef patty to fit on top of the fillings. Shape the edges of the patty together so that you have a nice stuffed beef patty with none of the fillings showing through. 9. Continue steps 5-8 with the remaining ground beef and fillings. When you are finished, you should have five equal stuffed patties.
10. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the patties to it once hot, and cook them for for about 5-6 minutes on each side, or until your desired level of doneness has been reached.
11. Wrap the burgers in lettuce leaves, slice in half, and serve with your favorite toppings or condiments.