One of the biggest projects that you will ever undertake in your home is renovating the bathroom. You may not think so given the fact that the bathroom is actually one of the smallest rooms in the house, but renovating this particular room takes a lot more time, effort and money than you think. Being able to afford to rip out parts of your home and replace them is already a great privilege, but the bathroom should be one that you really get excited about.
From custom bathroom cabinetry to having a waterfall shower that can really cover you wherever you are, you are going to really be able to enjoy renovating your bathroom because you get to get creative. You may not need a full bathroom overhaul, you might just want to replace the bath or the shower, but here are seven ways that you can upgrade your bathroom and make it look fantastic.
- Declutter and organize. If you haven’t already organized every inch of your home, now is the time. Take care of decluttering the bathroom though, because you might find old razors and random bath bombs that you’ve left in the cabinets without remembering that they were there. Take the time to clear out and re-organise existing storage space because this will tell you what you’re really dealing with. Getting everything out of the bathroom gives you a blank canvas where you can let your ideas really flow and enjoy.
- Add a fresh coat of paint. A fresh coat of paint can really upgrade the bathroom in just a simple step. Brightening up the walls, ceilings, skirting boards and any areas of the home can really revitalize the space but in the bathroom, you give it a clean look. You can ultra classic bright white paint or even muted trendy colour like sage to give your bathroom something more modern. Don’t forget to clean and properly prepare the surface beforehand though, you don’t want to have your paint peeling off the walls.
- Refresh your fittings. Changing out tired old faucets or shower mixers for something more modern can really help to upgrade the space. There are so many great styles and finishes that you can choose from allowing you to step away from shiny chrome and take on a matte black metal instead. There are plenty of DIY solutions for this and it doesn’t really have to take you very long. It’s also not the most expensive of changes, allowing you to breathe new life into the bathroom in an instant.
- Rejuvenate the tiles and grout. If there are tiles in your bathroom then you may want to replace them with a new colour or a new pattern to upgrade the rim. Some people have their tiles going around the shower and they even have floor tiles instead of carpet or wood. Floor tiles are low maintenance and an excellent idea for a bathroom, just make sure that you pick something that works with your theme.
- Upgrade vanity units. We talked about custom bathroom cabinetry earlier on, and there’s a good reason for that. Bathroom cabinetry can really help your bathroom to pop. You can get different materials, different colors, you can even take a look and change the way the cabinets sit in the bathroom to change the entire way your bathroom looks. You may not be able to deplumb and move the toilet around, but you can certainly get the cabinets off the floor and onto the walls.
- Replace all of the glass. From shower screens to mirrors, you can update your bathroom without major renovation just by switching these over. Worn out shower screen to date the entire design of your bathroom and mirrors that are too old or too dirty are not going to look good in your space. Make a point of upgrading these and you will have a low-cost way to change out the bathroom and upgrade it in an instant.
- Decorate. You need some finishing touches if you’re going to upgrade your bathroom and accessories or decorative pieces that compliment the side of the bathroom can really help. These are the items that will work to complete the new look that you have in mind and it will help you to determine what your bathroom is going to look like. You’ll be able to change the way that you do things in your bathroom simply by having the right decorations to hand. Don’t miss out on this one – it’s going to be the best option for you if you want to add your personality