I have been fostering for 5 years now and adopted my children a little over a year ago. Quite honestly, it was the best thing I ever did.
How can you make a difference?
- Offer to babysit from time to time.
- Cook a meal for a family who has received a new placement
- Offer hand me downs to foster homes who are in need of varying sizes.
- Throw a foster shower for new foster parents.
- Make a donation to the local CASA/Guardian Ad Litem program. They often provide scholarships for activities and Christmas gifts for children in care.
- For businesses, offer a discount to foster families. We are a very loyal group.