Packing for Disney can be a challenge, for sure! There are so many items to remember, not only for you but for your entire family as well. The must-haves like clothes and bathroom necessities are quite obvious but what about those items that you “think” you may need but aren’t entirely for certain. And before you head to the store and spend a ton of money on items that you may or may not need, think about what other options are out there to help you save money. If you have a few items that you just need to pick up and grab quickly before leaving for your Disney Trip, why not head to the Dollar Store and see if they carry the items? It’s a great way to save money by just having to spend $1 for each item that you may need to add to your Disney trip packing list! Looking for few suggestions on items to pick up at the Dollar Store for your Disney trip? Here are some great suggestions for you to help in making your list before heading that way.
Dollar Store Items to Pack for Your Disney Trip
- Micro-fiber towels. Depending on the time of year that you’ll be heading to Disney, it may be incredibly hot! Head to the Dollar Store and buy a few of their towels that you can take into the park with you. That way, when that sun is beating down on you and your family, you’ll be able to wet those towels to help cool you off quickly!
- Water bottles. Don’t forget that you can take your own water bottles into the Disney park when you go! This is not only a HUGE money saver, but it also means that you can fill them up as often as you need them. The Dollar Store has some great options for water bottles to choose from, so make certain to stock up and get each member of your family their very own for the trip. Make sure that buy an extra one to use as a spray bottle to help cool you down quickly.
- Unmeltable candy. Packing a few fun treats for Disney is a must. You are on vacation after all, right? Don’t pay for overpriced treats once you are inside the park…Head to the Dollar Store beforehand and stock up on some of their snack options. And just like the water bottles, you can also take food and treats into the Disney parks as well! (Just leave that chocolate on the shelf…no one wants to deal with a melty and sticky mess!)
- Travel sunscreen. It’s always a great idea to have an extra bottle of sunscreen packed in your bag to help beat those rays shining down on you and your crew. Grab a bottle or two at your next visit to the Dollar Store so you’ll be prepared! No one wants to deal with a sunburn while they are on vacation.
- Activity Books. No matter if you are driving or flying to Disney, you will more than likely have a little bit of downtime where it’s good to have planned ahead and have activities packed for your little ones. The Dollar Store has great options for activity books, coloring books, etc. that are perfect to pack up for the journey to Disney.
- Glow Stick Necklaces. The parks sell light up necklaces, but why buy them there when you can buy them at Dollar Tree for 1/5 of the price.
While you may think that you’ve thought of everything to pack, always take some time before you leave for your Disney trip and brainstorm on any items that you may feel you are forgetting. Make your list, write it down and then head to the Dollar Store to see if you can purchase the items there. The great thing about the Dollar Store is that they seem to always have a wide variety of options that are perfect for your budget. And once you do your final trip to get those few remaining items, you will then be 100% ready for your family trip to Disney!
Love the Dollar Store
Love the glow stick and necklace idea. Also, would be simple to personalize the cups.
The Dollar store is a great idea for trips.
Haven’t been to Disney World in so long! This is very helpful! Sure wish I was planning a disney trip.
Thanks for the tips. Now just saving enough money to get in.
Comments are closed.